Tuesday, July 31, 2007

The customer is……. A fucking idiot


Now I don’t mind sorting out problems that I caused. But it when I have to sort something out that I was nothing to do with and take the flack for that I get a little peeved.

Farnborough is an odd place. Is only a few miles from Aldershot and the people here all think they are better than people in Aldershot, and that there towns nicer. Etc etc. problem is there town is a demolition site. And as their sign proudly exclaims “Farnborough…….managing the change” I sniggered the first time I saw that. And now I know it true. Farnborough town centre is being given plastic surgery to this menopausal town centre. It was made in the 60’s and looks it. The people of the town have an air of grumpy menopausal change about the too.

For some reason lots of people all come in my shop at the same time. I hate this. Because I rush things and I cant give all my attention to people. Two elderly couples. A middle aged woman and a bloke in his 20’s the first have come in to get some glasses. There where in the door first so that who I deal with. I spend around 15 mins discussing and talking it threw and measuring them up. Job done. But the woman, who seems to control the purse strings keeps asking questions and I can she the second couple getting more and more annoyed. I finally get some money of the first lady, orders written glasses ready in a week.

I apologise to the second couple and invite them to sit at my desk.
“Are my husbands glasses ready?” she snaps
“I’m not sure,,,, name please?”
She gives the bloke first name (not his surname fuck silly old croan). “They have been 2 months,” she says with a strange rage

userly they are ready and its that people don know how to use answer phones. But in this case they where not. I transpired that the frame the order is out of stock. And have been for 2 months. And wont be ready for another 3 weeks. I only found this out when I rang the manufacturer. Now bearing in mind I didn’t take this order and have never met this woman. She starts screaming at me saying I have deceived her and that I have known for 2 months that there was a problem. I apologised and said we only expected it to be out of stock for 2 weeks. And as it is a copy of the glasses you husband is already whereing they are not as urgent as if he didn’t have any. Yes it is our fault for not noticing that it was still out of stock. “Why has it taken you so long to contact us?” I saw when she pauses from screaming at me. The bloke in his 20’s stops sniggering as he thinks I said something that will make her blow. “I forgot we ordered them” the bloke in his 20’s starts laughing but badly descising it as a cough. I invite them to pick a different frame. And re measure etc. then the woman starts going off at about how much his glasses slip down. I point out the ordering an exact copy probably change much. And she picks out and Evan bigger and heavier frame. And his lenses are thick. The centre thickness is 1cm and they refuse to pay for specially thinned lenses. So in short they are going to be worse I explain this. And all she says is she extremely unhappy with my service and that they are not going to be back. But goes ahead and orders them. The thing is it takes about 2 weeks for his lenses to be made I tell her this and she stops out. The bloke is giggling like a school child.

The other thing that has made me want to kick a puppy is. The bloke who was covering this shop has ordered lots of stuff with out parking it with references and use the wrong shops account number. So the shop I work it userly has got lots of mystery stock arriving. Witch means I'm going to be seeing lots more grumpy old women.

No comments: