Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Observations about age.


In my job I see people of all ages. The thing that shocked me the most if how life effects “age”. For example I have seen smokers that are 60 look about 80 and I have seen people that are 80 look not much older than 65. Also people’s personality is changed with age. You see some people at 60 talking about dieing and being miserable. And you see people approaching the ton totally at piece happy with the life they have lead even though they have lived threw harder times than probably anyone reading this.

A woman 96 came in and she was a little deaf and her vision as not great but it was certainly nothing bad. And she couldn’t walk very far with out needing a rest. But she was chatty and happy. And in pretty good shape considering she is 3 and a half year away from a note from the queen. I picked out some glasses for her and she said she wanted something pretty because she likes to look nice she said tongue in cheek. Then she said are the good quality because they’ll have to last her.
It’s that kind if dry wit that always makes me laugh

No comments: