Thursday, August 02, 2007

The telephone game


At work I have to call people to say there glasses are ready. And more and more I am being mistaken for a cold caller trying to sell something. Yes ok I am selling something but at that point I have already sold it I'm just telling them to come and get it coz its cluttering up my desk. I had people hang up. Say rude things. Moan about people like me. I really couldn’t give a toss. But its just means that if I don’t call people my desk gets cluttered and then people moan that I didn’t call them. The area I work in seems to have about 30 times the cold calling that I get at home. Years ago I came up with the phone game. Well I was young so I probably stole the idea or adapted it. But its basically prank calling but they phone you. There was a points system.

1 point for every min you keep them on the line
10 points if they hang up first
100 points if they swear
-10 for laughing inappropriately

There was others all generally about annoying them like if is was some one phoning selling carpet cleaning service you ask them about more and more bazaar stains that they get out. Then at the end switch it round saying that sound like you have a really good service there shame I have wooden floors throughout my house.

Stair lift people ask lifts of questions then tell them you live in a bungalow

Bonus for stuff like that.

I was telling my sister about the game, and she seemed up for it. The game was on. She picked to play a little girl.

“Hello is mrs.XXXX there”
“Hello”
“Hello is your mummy there”
“Hello I’m reachel”
“Is your dad there?”
“I’m on my own”
“ohh so you parents aint there”
“I’m 3”
“ummm… so I can’t talk to anybody about morgaes”
“Mummy and daddy have gone to the pub I’m on my own”
“Really???”
“I have some biskets to eat…. But dog got them…”
“umm your on your…”
“I ve got some matches”
“I think ill call back later when they are in”
“Don’t go I’m lonely”
“Ummmm…..”
“I like matches they are pretty”
“Really got to go bye”

Not a bad effort for her first try. She kept her kiddie voice on all the way threw and the guy on the phone was genuinely shocked when she said she had some matches.

Long live the phone game

No comments: