Monday, August 06, 2007

Small victories

My diploma thing arrived at the weekend. The good news is that they have put it inline with other educational stuff and it’s now the equivalent of a bachelors with honours. So I was feeling a tad smug.

This weekend was one of many a competition. On Saturday a guy who’s a friend of a friend wanted to play me at golf. And he’s a proper golfer. Lesions handy cap played in competitions. And knows the rules. I have some second had clubs. No lesions. And I made up some extra rules. Like if you get a par you have to ride your club like a hobbyhorse in triumph. Stuff to make the game better. Ill be submitting them to the Ryder cup people soon. Anyway I was expecting a terrific mauling. I have always played to win. I’m not over competitive. I can loose and except it. but I have always played to win. With the exetpting of playing little kids at swingball. I play that to see how many times I can hit them in the head. And playing girlfriends. You have to play to draw. If you win they get in a stop and you never hear the end of it. If you loose the go beaten by a girl and you never hear the end of it. And some things its very hard to draw at. So you have to win and make it look like a fluke. Now I hadn’t played gold since last April. When it was last sunny. So it had been a long time and I knew I was going to be rusty. And I saw the “pro” looking at my strangely as I attempted my swing. I do everything wrong but some how it works. And to cut a long and boring gold story short we drew. I could have won if I hadn't have cocked up the last hole. But that always the way with me. So I was please I held my own against a guy who knew what he was doing.

The next day was karting. I did used to work for a go karting place. But that was when I was at school and collage. And I hadn’t been karting for about 3 years. The guy that organised it worked there and a bloke came with all his own gear and was telling everyone he had his own kart etc. so thi8s time it was too pro. I thought I was going to get hammered. But all I cared about was proving to mat that I can race. Coz I drive a little car he thinks I prefer the company of men. And that coz his cars bigger he’s a better driver and because he’s played F1 games on his computer. Put it this way. Mat shut up pretty quickly after the first 15 mins. When I was second over all. By less than half a second. The guy that worked there as infrount and the guy with his own kart was just behind. The second 15 mins I pulled of a couple of dirty overtakes and at 1 point almost killed mat. As I gave him nowhere to drive apart from into a guy that had crashed. Its was all over and I was still half a second behing and own kart guy was in 3rd. the guy I first said as well that he had given himself the best kart. But I didn’t embarrass my self like matt said I would then afterwards had to admit that I was a better (kart) driver than him. And the guy with his own kart looked shocked that I beat him.

So all in all I was quite pleased with myself
Driving to work a car on the other side of the m-way tyre exploded and it stared to spin out of control at the crash barrier exactly where I would be. Luckily the car stopped at the barrier I’m not shuer how much contact was made. But it did look like it shit a few people up

No comments: