Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Well when you drive as much as me its bound to happen one day.

The is always at least one a year a story in the paper or a clip on “world most dangerous police videos” about some halfwit doing 70mph the wrong way down the motorway. Well it was my turn. No not being the halfwit. Being the poor sod they drive at. Its actually happened to me twice before. One was my first ever driving lesion. A lorry drove at me the wrong way down a 1 way street. The second was someone on the wrong side of the road approaching a round about. Both of those where at about 30mph. So there was time for me to me/my driving instructor to make helpful comments at the other driver. But at 70mph it’s a completely different game.

Two cars travailing at each other at 70 mph 500 yards apart. For some reason doesn’t take very long. I was doing my user wall blitz down the fast lane overtaking a line of slower cars when I spotted the purple fiesta. At this point I realised. That cars coming towards you normal on the other side of the road seem to take longer to get to you than when they are in the same lane. And the other important thing…… id have to do something about this car coming towards me. At these kinds of times I go on auto pilot, same as when my tyre exploded at 90 on the M4. This Muppet coming at me had nowhere to go except strait at me. Or turn into the other lane, a lane witch still had cars coming at him. Unfortunately these cars where on my left. And I had to get infrount of them before I could move out of the way. So this bloke had about 3 options.

1.drive into me
2.drive into the front of a line of cars on my left
3. Hope his car would become chitty chitty bang bang

luckily the tosser did what I expected and carried on driving at me. Coz the day the remake chitty chitty bang bang with a fiesta. Is the day I go postal. He obosly I imagine tried to slow down. And I with a little bit of cutting up made it infrount and to the safety of a lane without a car driving at me in. at this point I thought shit was there a guy behind me in my lane. Lucky if there is someone he is a lot further back. And I say the purple fiesta come to a stop on half on the grass verge. I carried on my way home. Just thinking not what could of happened. But what was going threw the mind of the person in that car. What the hell where they thinking. And luckily I made the right choice for my own well being.

Lets just hope the prat doesn’t do it again.
Any of you maths boffs want to work out how long the whole encounter lasted post it up in comments. In my way I know it lasted only a matter of seconds. But it felt super quick. Where as the crashes I have had. Have felt almost in slow mo.

No comments: