Friday, September 14, 2007

Smashing your face into a brick wall


There are days at work where if feels like I am. People on the whole are stupid. I mean really stupid. Unable to understand the most simple of basic premises.

“I cant read the book”
“Put on your reading glasses….. Ok can you read it now”
“Yes…. But now I cant see across the road”
“That’s because you have your reading glasses on take them off… can you see across the road now”
“Yes but now I cant see the book”


No joke this goes on for about 20 mins

“Sir if you want to see anything in your hands put on the reading glasses….. If you want to see anything further than arms length away take them off”

“But the closer thing are to me the bluryer they are”
“Yes that why I have made you some reading glasses”
“But I can’t see across the road with them”
“That’s because they are for reading”
“But I don’t read much”
“Ok there not just for reading they are for near vision.”
“What’s that?”
“Looking at anything close up”
“Like number plates”
“No not like number plates, I would hope they being on cars are further than arms length away from you. Don’t drive with them on”
“I don’t drive anyway, my cars only done 3 miles”
“Yeah yeah ok… so have you understood what the glasses are for now?”
“Is there anyway you can make some glasses that bake the distance closer”

At this point I just ignore him for the sake of my sanity and temper and push him out the door

The next woman in says that she got dubble vision. But only if she has her glasses on and if she has 1 eye shut. To have dubble vision you need two eyes. Unless there is something really wrong with you but that would be all the time, not just with her glasses on.

I phone a colige for advice.

“Be nice to her, she’s and idiot”

What a fucking morning…(so far)

1 comment:

Mona Mayfair said...

Glad to hear the people of North Hampshire don't disappoint when it comes to the stupid gene!