Monday, September 10, 2007

Mood swings and roundabouts



This weekend was the race day at donnington. We went last year and it was good fun except the getting up a stupid o clock, and then getting stuck in traffic. Also I got blamed for making everyone late last year. Matt over slept and just because I'm userly the one that makes everyone late matt told everyone it was me and they believe him. Well this year matt wanted to go up on the Saturday to watch the qualifying and stuff. I work Saturday, so I said if I get a move on we could get there just in time to see the last bit and he was ok with that. It was around to a few mins before I leave work and I was looking on the website to see if there was a race timetable. When I notice something….. There is no camping.

“Matt what’s the plan then?”
“ohh I thought we’d just wing it”
“Well ok, but what about camping”
“There’s camping there”
“No there isn’t”
“ohh we are screwed then”
“fucking marlollouse”
“millwall?”
“You told him it was next weekend so he’s in fucking Wales”
“ohh”

So before we left Andover we almost came to fisty cuffs. I actually get livid at bad planning. I was almost paralysed with rage. So much so I had to go get some beer of I would have killed him. We got to donnington after a 2 and a bit hour drive. In witch I was grinding me teeth and I had contracted bad gut because I touched the reading tent. I swear I’m allergic to it or something, every time I go near it I void my bowls. When we got there I sort of had a plan in my head, that we’d just put the tent up in the car park, id get really drunk and fall asleep. We may get moaned at in the morning but it’s always easier to get forgiveness than permission. The one flaw in my stupid little hope of a plan was, that we couldn’t actuality get to the car park because the roads where closed. All I can say is I’m not going to slag off sat nav again. We popped in the closed country park, we drove to it and found a campsite. And threw some miracle it wasn’t 100% full. It was about 99.9% full. And we squeezed the tent it. I regaled the others with tales of my misfortune involving excreta. Coming to think of it most of the things that have happened in my life have involved me ingesting, excreting or getting excreted on in some humorous way. Well not evan my beer and sleeping bag that was acquired in 1983 with 15 green shield stamps could keep me warm. And I froze my man boobs or moobs off. Also I noted with mild disbelief that that tent has done 4 or five reading along other trips and it has never had a beer spilt in it, Saturday it had 3. None of witch where mine, spilling beer is a sin. I got woken up my mat. Well I say woken up but to be woken I would have to have been asleep. I was under my coat shivering. We packed up and I took some more Imodium. This I don’t really recommend to anyone but at the time it was the lesser of too evils. I did the only sane thing and carried on drinking. One of Matt’s workmates. Must be about 9 stone and he ate 3 ice creams 3 burgers 2 hot dogs and a ton of other stuff he must have guts like the tardis. The day of raceing was good. We saw a few people fly off the track in clouds of dust and some really good driving. Sitting there on the grass with cheep beer and the screaming hum of the engines off fast cars, made me feel happy. Almost enough to stop wanting to kick matt in the testicals about not sorting out a campsite and his best suggestion about sorting is was “we’re screwed” I saw the F1 car doing dounuts. And the 3.5 ltr formula Renault cars where 5 second slower doing a lap than the f1 car. And the f1 car wasn't even set up for donnington. Honestly its amazing the speed they travel at and accelerate at. On the way home I had pretty muck gone crazy from the heat (beer, Imodium, and bad food) that I was offering girls in near by cars sweeties and jumping over the other guys cars. Basically I was doing a millwall when we used to get stuck in traffic on the way to reading. Its an amazing day out I recommend it. It would be superb if matt had done some fricking planning, but maybe because he didn’t do any planning and it worked out, maybe just maybe that made me enjoy it more.
Apart from the sunstroke I now have

No comments: