Monday, October 29, 2007

You don’t choose the music you like it chooses you


Tonight I’m off to see 65 days of static. http://www.65daysofstatic.com/

It’s going to be a mad rush. I hate doing things after work. The driving rush. Then being relent on public transport and drunk. Or driving and having to drive park and all the complications there. Recently I couldn’t go to London to see Richard herring for these reasons.

Today was going to be different. Monday night. Got Tuesday off. Its in Southampton . Traffic permitting ill get there around 7 it starts 7 :30. So all should be fine. I had a place to stay so I could get merry. But then I noticed I have the dentist tomorrow at 9:15. So looks like in sober and having a drive home after. But it’s only Southampton, so it’s not all bad. I defiantly can’t go to the dentist and breath rotting beer fumes at him. As funny as that would be it just not the done thing.

In my life most of the music you like, or bands you like have been showed to you by someone else. This in not including stuff you see on mtv or whatever kids get up to these days

I hardly listen to the radio. Maybe 5 hours a year, and at one point on a drunken state I was thinking about if I had a band how I would cross aphex twin with a rock band. And I hit the radio button on my mobile phone by accident. And there it was. 65 days of static snare rushes and guitars exactly as I wanted. I herd the end of a live radio show. And I was hooked. 9 am I order their LP. The fall of math and I have every LP they have made since. Threw a randomness I found them. And I have been waiting a good long time to see them live. And tonight it is. I hope they live up to my expectations. And I’m shure they will.

That will be another band I can cross of my list of I have to see. Witch is good. Because too many have broken up and I will never get the chance. Eg cold

Maybe if I listen to the radio more ill find more music to love. But then I'm a musical snob and hate new bands.

i have been a bit confuse by my thoughts and actions latley, made some desisions done some things not done some things, well you have stick up for your prinsaples no matter how wrong they are. let the music choose you and let is sooth you.

tha sounded a bit emo didnt it.

6 comments:

Mona Mayfair said...

"There's always a flaw
A flaw that gets in
There's always a crack
The hoax that harms
That harms the spirit
The first one to arrive
The last to confess"

I'm sorry that I hurt you - I never meant to.

conroy bumpas said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
conroy bumpas said...

There's always a flow that gets in
there's always a crack
(the shadow at the back of the family photograph)

The hoax that harms the spirit
the first to arrive
and the last to confess

They've got their arms outstretched
they've got front row tickets
for the trial
for the raid

Run for first and come in second
and we get off the road and off the record

When we spit out the names of those we betrayed

conroy bumpas said...

they dont play that song live anyway. coz ther is singing in it

Mona Mayfair said...

Well I could have written "instrumental", but I don't think it would have been as relevant to what I was trying to say.

Call me?

Mona Mayfair said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.