Saturday, April 14, 2007

Please note I cannot be held responsible for any mental, physical, emotional, spiritual, karma, dharma, metaphysical, religious, philosophical, Logical , Ethical, Aesthetical, or financial damage caused by this post


Saturday morning thin smile time again. Doing my before work rounds paper CHECK, water CHECK, raspberry’s CHECK. One stop left, for a bacon sand wedge. Choice of 3 shops. Greg’s bacon cooked a month ago and marg in a dry bap. The deli. Sometimes cooked fresh sometimes bacon is kept walm. In my opinion bacon is best cooked on a griddle. So im thinking popins. Not been there in ages.

I walk in the whole place is wood and very smart and clean for a restaurant let alone a cafĂ©. There is about 3 “chefs” and 5 waters. And the owner. All Turkish. They are all extremely smartly dressed. Waistcoats matching the color of the place. One rushes up and takes my order as im walking to the counter. The owner takes my dash and hes talking to what look like some regulars, about holidays or some idal chat. I waiting and I whip my phone out to return at txt. My spider sence is tingling. Theres a woman in her 50’s suddenly talking to the owner. I didn’t see he walk up to the counter so I have missed the first part of the conversation.

Woman “why are you loot working here, not bake in your own country…. You should go back to turkey”

My embarrassed smile hits, but im shure my eyes have a slightly panicked expression.

Woman “why are all you Turkish people here”

Owner in a broad Turkish acsent “ we are all English” and he give a cheeky smile

The lady rants abit more im to shocked to remember it

The owner still with a cheeky smile “ lady if you’re a raciest then fine im not because im English and im more English than you”

The woman says, “The day this country gets a black prime minister that’s the day this country is finished”

She walks out

The owner looks at me and the other customers “ I don’t want to be in turkey there’s too many bloody foreners there”

No comments: