Friday, January 17, 2014


Phone rings
“hello, id like to book in”
“yes not a problem, any preference”
“must be a Thursday”
“ok , how does the 23rd suit?”
“is it a THURSDAY?”
“well…. Yes”
“Well if it’s a Thursday then I can do it”
“ok so Thursday the 23rd of January …(we then pick a time)”
“so is that next Thursday?”
“yes, the 23rd
“Thursday?”
“yes , Thursday the 23rd
“ummm, ok yeah that’s fine if it’s a Thursday”
“it is. So that’s you booked in at (time) on THURSDAY the 23rd of January that’s next Thursday ok?”
“ok bye”


2 mins later the phone rings


“I wanted a Thursday”
“yes I know…”
“well the 22nd is a Wednesday”
“yeah but..”
“I expressly told you I wanted a Thursday and the 22nd is not a Thursday”
“but…”
“I WANT A THURSDAY NOT A WEDNESDAY”
“(I mange to get a word in) I booked you in for Thursday the 23rd
“you said 22nd
“no I didn’t I said 23rd. Thursday the 23rd at (time)”
“no you said 22nd
“I didn’t “
“well what is it?”
“what is what?”
“when I booked in?”
“THURSDAY TWENTY THIRD OF JANUARY”
“then why did you say 22nd when I asked you specifically for Thursday”
“(trying to end this) RIGHT! You are booked in for THURSDAY the 23rd at (time) that is next Thursday, is that what you want?”
“DUH! YES!”
“well that’s what you booked”
“then why did…”
“Thursday it is then, see you” ( I hang up before I break the phone by slamming it down)

No comments: