Monday, June 09, 2014

I have a penchant for bacon sand wedge. The cafe round the corner and I have a little arrangement where I phone and order and they send round this little old man to deliver it. He’s probably 70. and spends most of his time washing up, smoking or going to the bookies next to my shop so I don’t feel bad about making a pensioner bring me food. the one thing if failed to mention is he speaks absolutely no English. So most encounters are him making a hello noise and me saying thank you. If I had to make a guess id say he may be Turkish. But I don’t know. Anyway there’s been a few times when he has laughed like a drain. One was when he came in my shop and I was under the counter plugging in something then popped up and laughed so hard he nearly fell over. The second was when a bird flew into my shop window. He found that even more hysterical. Then today I have a new banner in the window. With wolf on it in silhouette. He was laughing and pointing at it, grinning a weird not as many teeth and he should have smile at me. Then made the heavy metal/ horns/ sign of the devil hand gesture and me. Handed me my sand wedge and was still laughing loudly 30 yards up the road.

No comments: