Monday, November 09, 2009

Why I hate EA… (me being a fanboy here sorry)

Well hate is a strong word…. Ok they are not all bad….. but only in the way that Hitler wasn’t all bad.


What I dislike is the way they spot a small company that makes something good, buys that little company, amalgamate it in to there huge machine and the little cogs have no creativity anymore, lost the spark that made there good idea special in the first place.

And the other thing the do is release a game. Then slowly release add on packs and you end up spending 2 or 3 times what you would have paid if it had all been in one game. See the sims of burn out paradise.


The biggest thing that’s upset me is the have put criterion on making the new need for speed game. And even know I knew they would do this im still annoyed. (c’mon harry its only a game)

Burnout 1. good effort for a first game. Very similar to thrill drive.

Burnout 2 . fast, crashes pretty. I love love love this game.

Burnout 3 added the fact that you can takedown the other racers. A thing I always though should have been in burnout2

Burnout 4 or revenge. Pretty much the same as 3 but you could start to feel the meddling or EA

Burnout 5 paradise. I see why someone thought open word would be good. But to honest is was bad. For the purpose of it being a multiplayer destruction derby thing then yeah that was fun . But it wasn’t burnout. The fast racing was gone as was crash mode. The best party game since all female jelly twister. I bought it expecting to hate the open world thing and I did. The game was fun but it wasn’t burnout. If it had been called someing else I would have seid “yeah that games good but not as fun as the burnout games that company used to make” I think it was sold as a burnout game just so it had the burnout name coz that would get sales.

It was annoused earlier in the year that the criterion team are now making the new need for speed game. The need for speed game was the biggest competitor of the burn out games. It like the pro evo team making the new fifa. Or the silent hill team making the resident evil..

EA have bought the team that made top notch racing games and put them to work on their vastly inferior competitor.

Little cogs in the ea machine

No comments: